It is time for change in Greater Victoria School District 61. We need a School Board that is open and responsive to student, parent, and community input, and committed to planning for the future of the district. I want our district to be a leader in equity and excellence in education. I bring new energy, innovative ideas, and a future minded approach to public education. I am ready to be the change we need in SD61.
Students need to be the top priority in every decision the School Board makes. I am committed to the principles of inclusion and social justice in public education, and I will fight to ensure ALL students in our district can reach their highest potential. I will advocate passionately and work to achieve:
- Class size & composition that allows students regular one-on-one time with their teachers
- Increased access to librarians and school counsellors
- Supports for vulnerable students assuring no one’s child falls through the cracks
- School district governance that fosters community, parent and student engagement
- A Strategic Plan to guide SD61 into the future
I will stand up against the chronic underfunding of public education, and fight for the teachers, specialists and support workers who dedicate themselves to the students in this district. Public education is the foundation of democracy and the key to economic and social prosperity; investing in students is investing in the future.
Authorized by Jordan Watters, Financial Agent, email@example.com